Willow Trust Sponsored Walk 2017
We would love you to join us on our annual guided four mile countryside sponsored walk in aid of The Willow Trust. At the end of the four miles join us on the boats for a well deserved squash and biscuits and then either enjoy a cruise back on Leonard Matchan or Spirit of Freedom II, or walk a further two miles back to our moorings at Saul Junction.
WHEN: Sunday 17th September 2017. Start: 10am. Time for walk: 2-2.5 hours.
WHERE: The Willow Trust Sponsored Walk 2017 will start from our moorings by the main Car Park, Saul Junction, GL2 7LA
Download your Willow Trust Sponsorship Form today: Sponsorship Form 2017
1. The Walk is led and starts from the Willow Trust boats moored at Saul Junction, next to Junction Bridge.
2. The walk is around 4 miles long, with some stiles and ends at Splatt Bridge. It is an extremely pleasant flat walk along footpaths.
3. A Willow Trust boat will be moored at Splatt Bridge for those wishing to cruise back up the canal to Saul Junction.
4. For those wishing to enjoy a longer walk it is around an extra 2 miles along the towpath from Splatt Bridge back to Saul Junction.
5. In all the walk and cruise will take around two to two and a half hours.
6. There will be squash and biscuits served from the Willow Trust boats at the end of the walk.
7. Dogs of all sizes are welcome but should be kept on leads.
8. At the end of the walk there is café at Saul Junction for a light lunch plus there are various pubs in the vicinity.