The Willow Trust Boats -> Saul Junction, Frampton on Severn, GL2 7LA
Leonard Matchan and Spirit of Freedom II were both purpose- built for The Willow Trust designed to provide access for all – whatever their disability – however profound. There is ample parking alongside the boats at our moorings and free car park passes are provided for all our guests.
Wide heavy-duty ramps ensure easy and safe access onto the boats and once on board the facilities include:
- Full Wheelchair access to all areas including the wheelhouse so that all our guests can take a turn at the helm
- Toilets include electric hoist and an adult changing bed
- Boat-wide access to a hearing induction loop
- Low windows for full views of the countryside
- Guests are welcome to steer the boats
- There is a hydraulic lift to the aft deck which can accommodate even the largest wheelchairs
- There are sundecks and a bridge deck
- The interior is comfortable, spacious and heated
- Each of our boats can carry 30 guests including carers
Each boat has a professionally trained Willow Trust skipper and a crew of three or four volunteers from our pool of 90 cheerful and caring people. The crew members are also trained in all safety aspects around the boats.
Our invaluable volunteers ensure all our guests enjoy a very special day and the thank you letters that arrive in our office invariable end with:
‘Can we come again next year?’
If you would like to become a volunteer with The Willow Trust please contact us – we would love to hear from you.